This game is for 2 players.
The object of the game is to be the player who gets the entire pack into his hands. This may happen in one "run-through" or the game may continue for a long time.
1. Each player receives half of the pack, face down.
2. The non-dealer turns up a card from the top of his packet and places it on the table.
3. Dealer turns up a card from his packet and places it on top of the other card. Play continues in this manner until a face card or ace appears.
4. When one player turns up a high card, the other player must place upon it: four cards for an ace, three for a king, two for a queen, one for a jack.
5. If the high card draws its quota in lower cards (ten or lower), the player of the high card takes up the entire common pile, places it face down under his packet, and leads for a new series of plays.
6. If a face card or ace appears in the course of playing the quota on an opponent's high card, the obligation is reversed, and the opponent must give a quota. This alternation continues until a player wins the pile.