This game works best with 3 to 4 players. You can play with 2.
The object of the game is to be the first one to run out of cards.
1. The dealer deals 8 cards.
2. The dealer places the pile face down in the center of the table and turns over the first card from the pile and places it next to the pile.
3. Each player arranges the cards by suit in his hand.
4. The first player needs to match the suit of the card that was turned over. The 8s are wild. If the 8 is played, that player can name the suit to be played, then everyone has to play that suit.
5. If a player cannot follow suit or play the same value card, he must draw from the pile until he can play.
6. If a player uses up all the cards in the pile before someone runs out of cards, the dealer takes the top card off the pile and places it face up, then shuffles the rest of the pile.
7. The winner is the player who runs out of cards first.
If a player plays a 2 of the same suit, everyone must draw 2 cards from the pile. If a player plays a jack of the same suit, he gets to play another card out of his hand.