This game is for 2 to 5 players.
The object is to get as many pairs as you can. The pairs must be either the same number or letter, such as two 5s, 2 Qs, etc.
You can never ask a person for a card unless you have one in your hand already.
1. The dealer deals six cards.
2. The dealer places the pile face down in the center of the table.
3. Each player fans his cards and looks at his hand. If players have any pairs, they place them face up next to them on the table.
4. The person to the left of the dealer chooses one of the cards in his hand and asks the player to his left if they have that card. The player asked should give up all he has of that card. If the player receives a card or cards from the person to the left, he puts the pair or pairs face up next to him on the table. The player then gets to ask for another card. If the player to his left does not have that card, the person they asked says, "GO FISH!" The player then takes a card from the pile. If he gets the card he asked for, he says, "I FISHED, AND I GOT MY WISH!" The player then places the matching pair face up next to him on the table. It is then the next player's turn.
5. When a player draws a card that was not asked for, but it matches another in his hand, he puts the new pair down face up. It is now the next player's turn.
6. After all the cards have been played, each player counts the number of pairs. The one with the most pairs wins.
Make books of 4 cards. In this case, the dealer deals seven cards if there are two players. With more than two players, the dealer deals five cards to each player.