This game is for 2 to 4 players, but is generally played by 2.
The ace is the highest card.
The object is to get all the cards you possibly can. The one with the most cards wins.
1. The dealer deals all cards. The players do not look at the cards, but place them face down in front of them or hold them face down in their hands.
2. The player to the left of the dealer places one card face up in the center of the table.
3. The next player plays a higher card, regardless of suit, if he can. The player playing the highest card gets those cards and places them face down next to him on the table.
4. If the two cards played are the same, you have war. Each of the two players places 2 cards face down and 1 card (the third card) face up. The highest card wins. The player with the highest card showing gets all the cards in the center of the table. If both of these cards are the same, war starts all over again, with each player placing 2 cards face down and 1 card face up.
5. If any player runs out of cards, he picks up his face down cards. He can shuffle them if he wants to. He then starts over again.
6. Play continues until one player has all the cards. If the game must be stopped sooner, the one with the most cards wins.