1. Always ask an adult if you can use the kitchen.
2. Wear an apron to keep your clothes clean.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water before starting your preparations. Wash hands as needed like after touching the trash can or picking items up from the floor.
4. Re-read the recipe several times.
5. Make sure you have all the ingredients you need before you start. Put them out on the counter.
6. Put all equipment, such as pans, measuring cups and measuring spoons out on the counter.
7. Follow the recipe exactly.
8. Always clean up when you are finished.