Wacky Waffle Stacks
- 3 round frozen toaster waffles
- 1/4 cup plain or strawberry-flavored cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strawberry preserves or fruit spread
- 1 medium banana,
sliced, or 6 strawberries, sliced
- 4 whole strawberries, if desired, for garnish
- Toast waffles according to package directions. Place one waffle on a plate.
with 2 tablespoons cream cheese and half the preserves. Arrange half the sliced
fruit on top.
- Top with another waffle.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Top with remaining waffle.
- Cut waffle stack into quarters. Garnish each quarter with a whole strawberry.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings
Approximate values per serving: 364 calories, 13 g fat, 38 mg cholesterol,
7 g protein, 60 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 451 mg sodium, 30 percent calories from
Source: National Center for Nutrition and Dietetics