- 1/2 pound caramels
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut or
finely chopped pecans
- 32 large marshmallows
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place the caramels and hot water in top of
double boiler. Heat over simmering water, stirring often, until caramels are melted.
- Use a fork or thick skewer to hold marshmallow; dip into melted caramel and turn
to coat entire surface.
- Roll the marshmallow in the toasted coconut or pecans. Place
each on the wax paper. Work quickly to coat each marshmallow. Stir the caramel mixture
occasionally to keep it smooth.
- When all are finished, place in a cool place until caramel is firm.
- Store in
a covered container in a cool place.