Old-Fashioned Pull Taffy
Your parents MUST help with this one!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon
cream of tartar
- Food coloring, if desired
- Flavoring desired
- Combine sugar, Karo syrup, water and cream of tartar. Place over heat. Stir until
sugar dissolves. Cook, without stirring, to 265 degrees on candy thermometer.
from heat; add coloring and flavoring if desired.
- Pour onto greased platter or pie
- Cool until easily handled.
- Pull into ropes until chalky and porous.
- Break or cut into bite-size pieces with
This makes a mess, but is a lot of fun for everyone involved. Greased hands make