As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Food coloring
- Clean glass jar
- String, cut into 6-inch lengths
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 cups of the sugar and the water. Stir until the
sugar is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add a few drops of the food coloring of
your choice and the additional sugar, stirring continuously until all the sugar
- Pour the solution into a clean glass jar and tie the pieces of string
to the pencil and suspend them across the mouth of the jar so that the ends hang
into the sugar water. Crystals suitable to eat will form in an hour and continue
for several days to a week.
- Pieces can be broken off and eaten after the first hour.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> All Children's Recipes