Big Banana Wrap-Up
- 1 slice bread
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon jelly or preserves
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll bread flat with a rolling pin and trim off the crusts. Then spread the honey
and jelly on the bread with a butter knife. Place the banana half on the bread and
roll it up.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. (Ask an adult to supervise
when you use the stove, microwave or oven.)
- Roll the bread-covered banana in melted butter (watch your fingers if the butter's
still hot!). Bake it in a baking dish for 15 minutes, until the bread is crisp and
the banana is hot and creamy.
- When it's done, sprinkle the bread-covered banana with cinnamon.
Makes one serving.
Tastes great with low-fat yogurt.