Caramel Apple Puppets
This is a great project for kids. Once an adult has coated the apples, children can create faces.
- 1 (14 ounce) package (about 40-42) caramels, unwrapped
- 4-5 small apples
- 4-5 flat 4-inch wooden sticks
- 2 tablespoons water
- Styrofoam cups
- Chopped or whole nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Shoestring licorice
- Put each decoration in a separate bowl or plate. Insert sticks into the bottom
of the apples and set aside.
- Place caramels and water in a large, glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH
for 2 minutes. Stir with a rubber spatula. Heat for another 30 to 90 seconds, until
melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip apples into the caramel. Use a rubber spatula to coat completely. While the
caramel is still warm, dip the top of the apple in nuts, granola, etc., if desired.
Turn Styrofoam cups upside down and push the wooden sticks through the bottom. Now
you have both hands free to create your masterpiece! Make wacky faces using any
and all available candies and whatnot.
- Place the finished product on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.