Little Lamb Puffs
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Black paste food coloring (See Note)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Bamboo skewers
- Small sealable plastic bag
- To make the heads, cut off 1/4-inch round from end of each marshmallow. Dip scissors
in hot water and make 2 V-shaped cuts on opposite side of each slice to form ears
and face. Reserve one cut-out piece for each tail.
- Cut bamboo skewers into 1-1/2-inch lengths. (You will need a total of 24 stick
pieces.) Stick 4 sticks into side of each larger portion of marshmallows to make
lamb legs. Frost body of lamb generously with white frosting. Sprinkle coconut over
frosting, pressing it on gently so that it sticks.
- Attach head and tail to each body with frosting. Mix about 1/4 cup of the remaining
frosting with enough black food coloring to turn it black. Scrape black frosting
into a small, sealable bag and seal the bag. Snip a tiny hole in a bottom corner
of the bag. Pipe eyes, nose and mouth onto each lamb face.
- The lambs are now ready to frolic as a centerpiece, as decorations for a birthday
cake or a cunning little dessert.
Yield: 6 little lambs
Black food coloring is not a common color but is available from cake decorating
stores. (If you can't find it or don't want to bother, substitute green
and the tiniest drop of red. If the intensity is right, it will look very dark indeed
-- nearly black.)
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> All Children's Recipes