Peanut Butter Apples
- 2 (12 ounce) packages peanut-flavored chips
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored vegetable
- 12 crisp, medium-size apples
- 12 wooden Popsicle sticks
- 1 1/2
cups roasted chopped peanuts
- Combine peanut butter-flavored chips and shortening in a deep narrow heat-proof
glass or metal bowl.
- Heat hot plate on low heat. Place bowl on hot plate and melt
mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Remove stems from apples and insert sticks halfway
through. Dip apples into coating using spoon to help coat apples as necessary. Allow
as much excess coating to drip off as possible.
- Place peanuts in 1 or 2 shallow bowls. Immediately dip bottom of each apple in
- Place apples on foil or wax paper-lined tray.
- Chill briefly to