- White cake mix (for 2 layer cake)
- 2 packages cherry Kool-Aid type drink mix
- White frosting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Green food coloring
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Ingredients according to cake mix directions (water, oil, eggs, etc.)
- Oven safe Pyrex mixing bowl
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour oven safe mixing bowl. Be sure that
your bowl is completely oven safe. It must say it right on the bowl to be assured
of being oven safe. Most glass bowls are not oven safe.
- Put cake mix in another bowl with 2 packages of Kool-Aid type drink mix and 1
cup of sugar; stir to combine. Add ingredients listed on cake mix package and mix
- Roll raisins in flour and add to finished cake mix (just raisins not any extra
flour). Pour into oven safe bowl. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Checking every 5 minutes
after 40 minutes. Check for doneness with knife inserted in center of cake. When
it comes out clean the cake is done. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes
before inverting onto cake plate to remove cake. Let cool completely.
- Stir green food coloring into frosting a few drops at a time to make a nice light
green. Frost cake, bringing spatula from the bottom to the center (the unevenness
of the frosting will resemble where the vine was attached to the watermelon. Squeeze
a few drops of food coloring onto a small dish. Dip tip of your frosting spatula
into the color and onto the cake in a radial pattern. Do this around the whole cake.
Don't worry if streaks are too dark; when you do the next step they will lighten
up and, besides, the streakier the better for a watermelon cake. Starting at sides
of cake run spatula all the way up the cake and almost to the center and then stop.
Repeat this all the way around the cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> All Children's Recipes