Witch's Brew Cake
22 Halloween chocolate sandwich cookies
1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix, with
pudding in mix
1 cup water
1 cup solid-pack canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups prepared whipped topping
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
4 (16-inch) black shoestring licorice, braided
Halloween candies and colored sprinkles, for garnish
Cookie spiders (see below)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop cookies and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, water, pumpkin, eggs and cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixer
at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Fold in 1 1/4 cups chopped
- Pour batter into greased 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake in preheated oven for
45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let
cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Place cake flat-side up on serving dish. Combine whipped topping and chocolate
syrup. Frost top and sides of cake. Press remaining chopped cookies into cream on
side of cake.
- Attach licorice for pot handle. Decorate cake with candies, colored sprinkles
and cookie spiders.