Chicken a la King
- 1 cup fresh or canned mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pimiento strips
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until lightly browned.
- Blend in flour and salt; stir
- Add milk and cook, stirring constantly until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add chicken, onion and pepper. Heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pimiento.
- Serve hot on toast or hot biscuits.