- 1 slice steak, round or sirloin
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 can chicken gumbo soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Cut steak into strips, about 3/4 x 2-inches. Roll in flour.
- Brown meat in hot, melted shortening.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add soup, soup mix and onion. Cover, turn to low heat, simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
Other canned soups can be substituted for a slightly different flavor.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> All Children's Recipes