Tuna French Toasties
- 1 can tuna, flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 8 slices white bread
- Combine tuna, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread mixture
on 4 slices of bread. Cut sandwich in half diagonally.
- In a shallow dish, combine eggs, salt and milk and stir until well blended.
- Have a griddle or frying pan greased and heating on the stove.
- Dip sandwich halves, one at a time, in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
Allow egg to drip off slightly. Place on hot griddle.
- Repeat until griddle is full. Gently fry until brown, turning sandwich once.