Gumdrop Goblin Balls
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups orange gumdrops
- Place popped corn in mixing bowl; set aside.
- In small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring sugar, corn syrup, water, margarine,
and salt to boil. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Cook, without stirring,
for ten minutes or until reaches hard-ball stage of 254 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Wearing oven mitts to shield against splatters, carefully stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour over popped corn; using prepared spoon, toss until well coated.
- Stir in gumdrops.
- Wearing rubber gloves, form into 2-inch balls; let cool on baking sheet.
286 Calories; 1g Fat (2% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate;
0mg Cholesterol; 135mg Sodium
Source: Adapted from Canadian Living Magazine