Oven-Baked Carrot Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a shallow pan with foil.
- Using a sharp knife, slice away the tip and end of each carrot; peel each completely.
Cut carrots in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise, then cut lengthwise again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the carrot sticks, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Stir until all are evenly coated.
- Place carrots in pan, spreading sticks out as
much as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings.