- 2 (16 ounce) loaves frozen bread dough
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coarse salt
- Separate thawed bread into 24 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- Roll each ball into a rope
14 1/2-inches long. Have children plan and design pretzel shapes (letters or numerals).
- Put pretzels one inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Brush with combined egg white and water. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place a shallow
pan containing 1 inch of boiling water on bottom rack of oven; bake pretzels at
350 degrees F on rack above water for 20 minutes or until golden brown.