A Chicago Fire Department special!
- 1 #10 can tomato puree
- 1 #10 can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 6 pounds good ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup commercial chili powder
- 3 tablespoons whole oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 #10 can red kidney beans, drained
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Yellow onions, peeled and diced
- In a large pot bring the tomato puree and whole tomatoes to a slow boil.
- While this is heating, brown the ground beef with chopped onion. Add this to
the tomato mixture. Add chili powder and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and simmer 30 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.