Bill Pfeiffer's Chili Capital Punishment
Bill Pfeiffer's Chili Capital Punishment is the winner of 1980 World's Championship!
Yield: 14 to 18 servings
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons MSG
- 9 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons beef bouillon (instant crushed)
- 2 cans beer
- 2 cups water
- 4 pounds extra lean chuck (chili grind)
- 2 pounds extra lean pork (chili grind)
- 1 pound extra lean chuck, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup oil or kidney suet
- 1 teaspoon mole (powdered)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Masa Harina
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add oregano, paprika, MSG, chili powder, cumin, beef bouillon, beer and water. Let simmer.
- In a separate skillet, brown 1 1/2 pounds of meat in oil or suet until meat is light brown.
- Drain and add to simmering spices. Continue browning meat in batches until all meat has been added.
- Sauté finely chopped onions in oil or suet. Add to spices and meat mixture. Add water as needed. Simmer two hours. Add mole (MOE-lay), sugar, coriander, hot pepper sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Dissolve Masa Harina in warm water and add to chili. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.