Black Bean Chili 2
- 1 pound black beans or 4 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, pureed
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable broth, water or chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- If using dried beans, clean and soak beans overnight, then drain. Cover with
fresh water and cook until tender, about 2 hours. Drain.
- In large pot, combine drained beans with all other ingredients except salt and
pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with garnishes such as salsa, chopped onions and grated cheese, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.