Black Bean Chili 2
- 1 pound black beans or 4 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, pureed
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable broth, water or chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- If using dried beans, clean and soak beans overnight, then drain. Cover with fresh water and cook until tender, about 2 hours. Drain.
- In large pot, combine drained beans with all other ingredients except salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with garnishes such as salsa, chopped onions and grated cheese, if desired.
>> CHILI RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.