Black Bean and Corn Chicken Chili
Toasting chili powder, cumin and garlic powder intensifies their flavor, making
this chili a rich, hearty meal in a bowl.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cumin, Ground
teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can black
beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion;
cook and stir for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat small nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin and garlic; toast for 30 seconds or until aromatic, stirring
constantly. Add to chicken mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Information: per serving Calories: 218 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates:
22 g Cholesterol: 37 mg Sodium: 609 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 20 g
Reprinted with permission from