Black and White Chili
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chiles (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (2.75 ounce) envelope country gravy mix
- 1/2 cup cool water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In large saucepan, cook onion and celery in oil over medium-high heat for 5 to
7 minutes, stirring often, until onion is tender.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add chicken broth, green
chiles and cumin; heat to a boil.
- In 2-cup glass measure, dissolve gravy mix in water. Stir into boiling soup;
stir until thickened. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors
- Stir in beans and cilantro; heat through.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: White Lily Foods