Bull Rider's Chili
Bull Rider's Chili is hearty chili that is perfect for a big crowd, or freeze part of it for an easy weeknight dinner another time.
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 (4 ounce) packages Idahoan Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 4 pounds ground beef (you can also add some hot Italian ground sausage for more heat)
- 6 large cans diced tomatoes
- 2 small cans Ro*Tel® diced tomatoes with chiles*
- 4 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sauté garlic, onion and peppers in olive oil until onions are transparent. Add meat and brown.
- Stir in tomatoes and once mixture is very hot, add the packages of potatoes. Mix thoroughly, add beans and simmer for at least one hour on medium heat.
- Gather up your own buckaroos and serve the chili topped with a large dollop of Fiesta Dip.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Idahoan Foods, LLC
* (RO*TEL® is a registered trademark of ConAgra Foods®)