Cajun Pork Chili
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the pork over medium heat, stirring to break up the
meat, for about 5 minutes or until browned. Pour off the fat.
- Add onions, and cook until tender. Add garlic, red and green peppers and celery.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon. Stir in kidney beans,
hot pepper flakes, oregano, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper
to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
If you prefer a more traditional chili flavor, use cumin instead of oregano,
and add chili powder to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.