- 8 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni
- Avocados, chopped (garnish)
- Chopped onion (garnish)
- Shredded cheese (garnish)
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add broth and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until macaroni is done.
- Serve topped with chopped avocados, chopped onion or shredded cheese. Season to your taste.