- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo, white or red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- In medium skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken, onion, pepper and garlic over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring constantly.
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth, ketchup, chili powder and red pepper. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips if desired.