Chili in a Polenta Crown
Basically polenta is a cornmeal mush, seasoned and shaped.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 1 recipe favorite chili
- Place about 3 cups milk in heavy saucepan. Add sugar and salt and heat to a boil.
DO NOT scorch milk and be careful not to boil milk over. Stir cornmeal into remaining
1 cup milk. When milk in pan is to a boil, stir cornmeal in. Stir and bring back
to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 10 minutes - stir frequently
to avoid scorching.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup grated cheese and chiles. Place polenta in casserole
dish pressing mixture up the sides of dish to form a crown. If polenta is too soft
to stay on sides of dish allow it to cool further, as polenta cools it will stiffen
- Prepare favorite chili recipe or use the recipe below. Place chili in
polenta crown. Cover and heat until chili is hot and bubbly (about 30-45 minutes
at 350 degrees F or about 15 minutes on HIGH in microwave).
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cheese and garnish as desired (olives, peppers, chopped
fresh tomatoes, etc.).
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.