This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chili with Potato Dumplings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16-ounce) kidney beans
- 1 can (16 ounce) hot chili beans
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups V-8 juice
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (instant works well)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Use a large pot - approximately 6-quart size. Brown the beef, turkey and onion
- Add beans (with juice), seasonings and V-8 juice, bring to a boil. Reduce
heat; cover and low simmer for about an hour.
- Combine the potato flakes, flour, parsley, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk
and egg just until moistened. Let rest for about 3 minutes.
- Drop by large spoonsful onto simmering chili. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
(Do NOT remove cover during the 15 minutes.)
Makes 8 servings.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/22/2002 6:58 am.