Creamy White Chicken Chili
There is very little prep time for this delicious, truly white chili. Chicken chili is a wonderful alternative to traditional beef chili.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Sliced seeded jalapeno pepper (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until
chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the beans, broth, corn, chiles and
seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
- If desired, top with tortilla chips, cheese, green onion and jalapenos.