Creamy White Chicken Chili
There is very little prep time for this delicious, truly white chili. Chicken chili is a wonderful alternative to traditional beef chili.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Sliced seeded jalapeno pepper (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until
chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the beans, broth, corn, chiles and
seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
- If desired, top with tortilla chips, cheese, green onion and jalapenos.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.