This recipe comes from a DJ on KPRC in Houston, Texas. It was much requested.
It is a bit strange for chili but very tasty.
- 2-3 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 medium potato, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3 canned jalapenos, diced
- 1 envelope chili mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 shot glass olive oil
- To taste: salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, bay leaf
- 1 can Budweiser beer
- Few shakes Parmesan cheese
- Additional water, if necessary
- Brown meat, then add vegetables, and then add everything except the beer and cheese.
- Cook slowly for 3-5 hours. During the last hour add the beer and cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.