Dirty Gerty's Big Batch of Fast Chili
It's fast, simple and very tasty! It can be frozen for a quick lunch...(up
to 2 months). Great with garlic bread or buttered toast. A must at family get-togethers
and a hit at parties.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 can consommé soup
- 1 can vegetable soup
- 1 small
can tomato paste
- 2 large cans tomato sauce
- 3 cans red kidney beans, washed
- 3 large cans pork 'n beans in molasses
(or 6 small cans)
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed red peppers
- 1/4 cup chili
powder or more to taste
- A dash each of celery salt, seasoning salt
- Brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a roasting pan. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour
over medium heat, stirring now and then so it doesn't stick.
Posted by Elaine at Recipe Goldmine.
by Donna aka Fairy Owl, Ontario, Canada