Dirty Gerty's Big Batch of Fast Chili
It's fast, simple and very tasty! It can be frozen for a quick lunch...(up
to 2 months). Great with garlic bread or buttered toast. A must at family get-togethers
and a hit at parties.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 can consommé soup
- 1 can vegetable soup
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 large cans tomato sauce
- 3 cans red kidney beans, washed and drained
- 3 large cans pork 'n beans in molasses (or 6 small cans)
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed red peppers
- 1/4 cup chili powder or more to taste
- A dash each of celery salt and seasoning salt
- Brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a roasting pan. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour
over medium heat, stirring now and then so it doesn't stick.
Posted by Elaine at Recipe Goldmine.
by Donna aka Fairy Owl, Ontario, Canada
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.