Frijole Mole Chili
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash of ground cloves (optional)
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven until onion is tender
but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except optional toppings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover; continue to simmer 10 minutes,
- Ladle into bowls; garnish as desired and serve with additional picante sauce.
Makes 6 servings - about 8 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes