- 2 teaspoons lard, butter or bacon drippings
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound beef round, coarse grind
- 2 tablespoons ground hot red chile
- 1 tablespoon ground mild red chile
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 can onion soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- Melt the lard, butter or drippings in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add
the onion and cook until it is translucent.
- Combine the meat with the ground chile, oregano, cumin, and garlic. Add this
meat-and-spice mixture to the pot. Break up and lumps with a fork and cook, stirring
occasionally, until the meat is evenly browned.
- Stir in the tomato soup, onion soup, and beans. Bring to a boil, then lower the
heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1/2 hour until the liquids cook down and the mixture
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.