- 3 pounds lean coarsely ground beef
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3 (1 pound) cans tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed cumin seeds or ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto or kidney beans
- Cook beef, green peppers, onions and garlic in oil in a cast iron kettle until
beef is lightly browned.
- Add all ingredients except beans. Cover and simmer for
- Stir in undrained beans; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
Source: Marlboro Country Cookin' Brochure 1992
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes