Hearty Chili Roni
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with
the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, Original or McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, Mild
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef, bell pepper and onion in large skillet over medium-high
heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is browned.
- Add Seasoning Mix; stir until well mixed.
- Stir in tomatoes, beef broth and tomato paste. Bring to boil. Stir in macaroni.
Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is
Yield: 6 servings | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min
per serving Calories: 355 Fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 665 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 24 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick