Hidden Valley Ranch Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 2 or 3 small cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cups chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Tiny dash cayenne pepper*
- 1 can Ranch style beans
* Not hot enough? Increase cayenne pepper.
- Brown meat together with onion.
- When thoroughly cooked, drain meat in colander; rinse thoroughly with hot water to remove grease. Return mixture to large kettle; add water. Add whole tomatoes, cutting or squishing into bite size pieces. Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne and pepper. Stir well.
- Last of all, add beans with juice. Adjust flavor. If too hot, add 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar.
Source: Hidden Valley Guest Ranch