Hominy Chili with Beans
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in chili powder and next 5 ingredients (chili powder through stewed tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1 1/4 cups chili into each of 4 bowls.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 teaspoon cilantro.