Hot Dog Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 hot dogs or turkey hot dogs, cut lengthwise then into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans mild chili beans (not drained)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup relish
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles (optional)
- Chopped onions and shredded Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add hot dogs and onions to the oil. Cook until hot dogs are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot, topped with chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese.