- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1/2 pound pepperoni stick, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Sauté sausage in oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When
brown, drain off fat and add onions, pepperoni and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth, bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for
- Stir in beans and seasoning and simmer until heated through.
Makes 12 cups.
Per serving: 277 calories, 16 grams fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 31 milligrams
cholesterol, 19 grams carbohydrates, 14 grams protein, 1187 milligrams sodium, 5