Jumpin' Jack Chili
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15-ounce) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (rotisserie chicken can be used)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Monterey Jack Cheese*, coarsely grated and divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Colby Cheese, coarsely grated and divided
*Or use Pepper Jack or Jalapeño Jack
- Crushed corn chips, sour cream, chopped green onions, olives, chopped tomatoes, oyster crackers, goldfish crackers, bacon
- Cook onion in hot oil in heavy stock pan (Dutch oven) over medium-high heat,
stirring until tender.
- Add green chiles, garlic and cumin; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add beans and chicken broth, stirring well. Bring to boil; reduce heat, and simmer
- Add chicken, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack and 1/2 cup Colby Cheese; simmer over low
heat 10 minutes more.
- Ladle chili into bowls. Top each serving with remaining cheeses and desired toppings.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes