- 2 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, cook ground pork over medium heat, breaking up pieces,
about 10 minutes or until browned.
- Drain any fat. Transfer to large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add onions; cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, peppers and celery; cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, breaking up with
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered,
30 minutes. Add a small amount of water if necessary.