Mogollon Mountain Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 small cans diced green chiles
- 3 bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Add onions, chiles and bouillon cubes and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve in a bowl with Cheddar cheese on top and a dollop of sour cream placed in the center. Diced yellow onions complete the garnish.
Source: Christopher Creek Landmark Cafe, Payson, Arizona