Old-Fashioned Brick Chili
- 5 pounds lean chili meat
- 1 pound suet, ground
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper
- 4 or 5 chile peppers, parboiled, skinned and finely chopped
- 3 large tablespoons chili powder
- Put suet into pan, let melt, then add onions. Add chili meat and cook until meat
stands apart, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except chili powder; turn to low and cook slowly until
tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- About 15 minutes before meat is done, add chili powder and simmer. Pour into
rectangular bowls in refrigerator to thicken.
This will keep for weeks.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.