Out of This World Chili
- 4 to 5 pound stew beef, cut into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes
- 2 large green bell peppers, diced
- 5 to 6 stalks celery, sliced in chunks
- 2 large onions (or Spanish) coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- 4 chipotle peppers, minced
- 4 large mild chile peppers, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 garlic cloves minced, or to your taste, the more the better
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 to 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves (or Mexican if you can find)
- 2 tablespoons Masa Harina
- 3 tablespoons tapioca thickener
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place beef, peppers and other vegetables in a large Dutch oven or large stock
pot, mix well to combine, (do not brown meat). (If you have a slow cooker or crockpot
use that and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.)
- In a blender or food processor, add seasoning ingredients together and blend.
Pour over ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook for 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender and sauce
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 2, 2001
Source: My sister sent me this recipe for chile. This is one of her favorites.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chili Recipes