Out of This World Chili
- 4 to 5 pound stew beef, cut into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes
- 2 large green bell peppers, diced
- 5 to 6 stalks celery, sliced in chunks
- 2 large onions (or Spanish) coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- 4 chipotle peppers, minced
- 4 large mild chile peppers, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 garlic cloves minced, or to your taste, the more the better
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 to 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves (or Mexican if you can find)
- 2 tablespoons Masa Harina
- 3 tablespoons tapioca thickener
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place beef, peppers and other vegetables in a large Dutch oven or large stock
pot, mix well to combine, (do not brown meat). (If you have a slow cooker or crockpot
use that and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.)
- In a blender or food processor, add seasoning ingredients together and blend.
Pour over ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook for 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender and sauce
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 2, 2001
Source: My sister sent me this recipe for chile. This is one of her favorites.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.