Overnight Dutch Oven Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sliced stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans clear beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 20 ounces V-8 juice
- 2 (1 pound) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground anise (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, brown ground beef in oil until all the pink is gone.
Crumble with the back of a fork while it is browning.
- Remove from heat, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover Dutch oven, and bake at 275 degrees F for 15 hours.
Leftovers freeze well.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.